Sri Lankan cricket team toured India for 3 Twenty20 Internationals (T20I) and 2 Test Internationals (including 1 pink ball test match) from 24 February 2022 to 16 March 2022. Under Rohit Sharma captaincy team India Whitewashed Sri Lanka in both the formats with the lead of 3-0 in T20I series and 2-0 in tests series.
i.This tour was hosted by India.
- 1st T20I held at Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- 2nd and 3rd T20I held at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.
- 1st test held at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali.
- 2nd test held at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru.
Player of The Series:
- Shreyas Iyer adjudged as the Player of the Series for his consecutive Half-Centuries in all the 3 T20I, scoring 204 overall runs.
- Rishabh Pant was adjudged as the Test Player of the Series. Scoring 185 runs in 3 innings.
Records By Indian Cricket Team:
i.India maintained their undefeated record in home day/night pink-ball Test matches.
ii.M Chinnaswamy Stadium at Bengaluru,Karnataka hosted the pink-ball Test for the first time ever.
iii.India equalled the Afghanistan and Romania world record of 12 consecutive T20I wins in a row.
Individual Records by Indian Players:
- Shreyas Iyer became the first Indian to score two fifties in a pink-ball Test.
- Shreyas Iyer became the only second Indian player to score three fifties in the three-match T20I series after Virat Kohli, who had achieved the feat against Australia in 2015-16.
- Rishabh Pant broke Kapil Dev’s record for the fastest Test fifty by an Indian player.
- Rishabh Pant became the first Indian wicketkeeper to win the Man of the Series award in Tests.
- Virat Kohli played his 100th Test match at the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium and he became the 12th Indian cricketer to achieve it, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar stands first for playing 200 tests.
- Ravichandran Ashwin became the first bowler to take 100 wickets in the World Test Championship 2021-2023.
- Ravichandran Ashwin (442 – wickets) became the eighth-highest wicket-taker in Test cricket by surpassing Dale Steyn (439) in the Bengaluru Test.
- Jasprit Bumrah became the first Indian player to take a five-wicket haul on five different continents.
- Jasprit Bumrah has most Test fifers (8) as an India player surpassing Irfan Pathan (7) and Venkatesh Prasad (7).
Most Test fifers – In cricket, a five-wicket haul (also known as a “five–for” or “fifer”) occurs when a bowler takes five or more wickets in a single innings.
- Rohit Sharma became the 1st India captain to whitewash opposition in debut test series.
- Rohit Sharma became the eighth India player to play 400 international matches after participating in the Bengaluru Test.
- Rohit Sharma has won the most T20Is at home as captain, by having 16 wins.
- Rohit also equalled the record for most whitewash victories as captain in bilateral T20I series of 3 or more matches, equalling the tally of five such wins held by former Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed.
Recently Related News:
West Indies Tour of India – 2022
West Indies cricket team toured India for 3 One-Day Internationals (ODI) and 3 Twenty-20 Internationals (T20I) in February,2022. It was a complete whitewash series win for India over West Indies in both ODI and T20I by the full-time Indian Captain Rohit Sharma.
- In the ODI cricket, India defeated West Indies by 3-0 and in the T20I cricket, India defeated West Indies by 3-0.
World Test Ranking:
All Rounders –
- 1st Rank – Jason Holder (West Indies)
- 2nd Rank – Ravindra Jadeja (India)
- 3 rd Rank – Ravichandran Ashwin (India)
- 1st Rank – Pat Cummins (Australia)
- 2nd Rank – Ravichandran Ashwin (India)
- 3rd Rank – Kagiso Rabada (South Africa)
- 4th Rank – Jasprit Bumrah (India)