New Zealand defeated India in the finals of the 2019-2021 ICC World Test Championship to win the Inaugural Edition of ICC World Test Championship 2021 (for men). The finals was held at Rose Bowl, Southampton, England from June 18-23, 2021.
- New Zealand’s Kyle Jamieson was named as the Player of the Match Award.
- New Zealand received a cash prize of USD 1.6 million along with the ICC Test Championship Mace.
- It is New Zealand’s 1st major ICC Trophy.
ICC World Test Championship
i.It is a league competition for Test Cricket organized by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- 9 Teams competed in 71 Test matches in 27 series across two years from 2019-21.
- The best 2 teams i.e. India & New Zealand progressed to the finals based on points.
ii.The highest run scorer in the 2019-21 ICC World Test Championship was Australia’s Marnus Labuschagne (1675 runs) & highest wicket taker was India’s Ravichandran Ashwin (71).
Jadeja Ranked as World’s Number 1 All Rounder
According to ICC’s latest rankings released on June 22, 2021 – India’s Ravindra Jadeja was ranked as the World’s No. 1 All-rounder in Test Cricket (replacing West Indian Jason Holder).
- Jason Holder holds the 2nd spot, while England’s Ben Stokes retained the 3rd spot. India’s Ravichandran Ashwin was ranked 4th in the list.
About International Cricket Council (ICC)
Chairman – Greg Barclay
Headquarters – Dubai, UAE