Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Word Usage, which is BASED ON SOME NEW PATTERNS which have been asked in many banking exams recently.
Directions : For each of the words below, a contextual usage is provided. Pick the word/phrase from the alternatives that is most the appropriate substitute in the given context and mark its number as your answer.
- Frozen: become or cause to become blocked, covered, or rigid with ice.
- Persisting: continue in an opinion or course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.
- Intensify : become or make more intense.
- Revenue: income, especially when of an organization and of a substantial nature.
- Impose: force (an unwelcome decision or ruling) on someone.
- Obsolete: no longer in use or no longer useful.
- Tedious : tiresome because of length or dullness.
- Inclusive: including all the services or items normally expected or required.
- Reckon: establish by calculation.
- Nascent : (especially of a process or organization) just coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential.