Welcome to Online Computer Quiz in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Operating System. It will be useful for all SBI/IBPS/LIC exams and other competitive exams. We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
- What are the major activities of the OS with regards to storage management?
C. System Calls
D. All of the aboveD. All of the above
- A(n)_____ is a set of programs designed to manage the resources of a computer, including starting the computer, managing programs, managing memory, and coordinating tasks between input and output devices.
A. Application suite
C. input/output system
D. operating system (OS)D. operating system (OS)
- What happens when you boot up a PC?
A. Portions of the operating system are copied from disk into memory.
B. Portions of the operating system are copied from memory onto disk.
C. Portions-of the operating system are compiled.
D. Portions of the operating system are emulated.A. Portions of the operating system are copied from disk into memory.
- The blocks of code, included in the operating system, that software applications interact with are known as:
A. Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
B. complimentary Metal-Oxide Conductors (CMOS).
C. Device drivers.
D. Bootstrap loaders.A. Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- MS-DOS is a(n) ____________ operating system.
D. MacC. command-driven
- All of the following statements concerning windows are true EXCEPT—
A. windows are an example of a command-driven environment.
B. windows can be resized and repositioned on the desktop.
C. more than one window can be open at a time.
D. tool-bars and scrollbars are features of windows.A. windows are an example of a command-driven environment.
- In Windows XP, if you want to see the file size and modified dates of all files in a folder, the best viewing option is the __________ view.
D. IconC. Details
- The operating system allows users to organize the computer’s contents in a hierarchical structure of directories that include all of the following EXCEPT:
D. systems.D. systems.
- The memory resident portion of the operating system is called the ________
D. kernel.D. kernel.
- Which of the following does NOT occur during the Power-On Self-Test (POST)?
A. The Scan Disk utility begins to run.
B. The video card and video memory are tested.
C. The BIOS identification process occurs.
D. Memory chips are checked to ensure they are working properly.A. The Scan Disk utility begins to run.