Welcome to Online Computer Quiz in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Operating System. It will be useful for all SBI/IBPS/LIC exams and other competitive exams. We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
- Which of the following does not support more than one program at a time?
- Which mode loads minimal set of drivers when starting Windows?
D.Network Support ModeA.Safe Mode
- The primary purpose of an operating system is a _________
A. To make the most efficient use of computer hardware
B. To allow people to use the computer
C. To keep system programmer employed
D. To make computer easier to useA. To make the most efficient use of computer hardware
- _________is a complete operating system that works on a desktop computer, notebook computer, or mobile computing device.
A.Embedded Operating System
B.Standalone Operating System
C.Emerging Operating System
D.None of the aboveB.Standalone Operating System
- SCSI stands for ___________
A.Systems Computer Systems Interface
B.Small Computer Small Interface
C.Systems Computer Small Interface
D.Small Computer Systems InterfaceD.Small Computer Systems Interface
- _________ is an Operating System function that allows the user to switch between tasks by giving the focus to the application the user brings to the foreground.
D.None of the aboveA.Task Management
- The part of a hard disk that is dedicated to a particular operating system or application and accessed as a single unit is called ________
D.None of the aboveC.Partition
- _______ is an Operating system function which handles or manages primary memory.
D.Memory ManagementD.Memory Management
- An installation of an OS onto a completely empty hard disk or one from which all data is removed during the installation is called __________
D.None of the aboveC.Clean Installation
- _______ allows you to select the OS you want to boot into every time you start the computer.
D.None of the aboveA.Multiboot