Welcome to Online Computer Quiz in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in DBMS. It will be very useful for all SBI/IBPS/LIC exams and other competitive exams. We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
- The ________ manages interaction between the end user and the database.
C. DM query engine
D. None of the AboveB. DBMS
- A database that supports data distributed across several different sites is called a(n) ________ database.
D. enterpriseB. distributed
- Data ________is defined as “the condition in which all of the data in the database are consistent with the real-world events and conditions.”
D. integrityD. integrity
- _________ are the instructions and rules that govern the design and use of the database system.
D. DataA. Procedures
- Activities that make the database perform more efficiently in terms of storage and access speed are known as performance _________
D. tuningD. tuning
- __________ is the de facto query language and data access standard supported by the majority of DBMS vendors.
B. Access Query Language
D. Structured Query LanguageD. Structured Query Language
- Where does the DBMS store the definitions of data elements and their relationships?
A. data map
B. data file
D. data dictionaryD. data dictionary
- The term ____ refers to an organization of components that define and regulate the collection, storage, management, and use of data within a database environment.
C. database system
D. hardwareC. database system
- Data ____ exists when the same data are stored unnecessarily at different places.
D. inconsistencyC. redundancy
- Data ____ exists when it is possible to make changes in the data storage characteristics without affecting the application program’s ability to access the data.
D. inconsistencyC. independence