Welcome to Online Computer Quiz in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Computer Fundamentals. It will be useful for all SBI/IBPS/LIC exams and other competitive exams. We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
- An interface that provides I/O transfer of data directly to and form the memory unit and peripheral is termed as________
B. Serial interface
C. Direct Memory Access (DMA)
D. None of the AboveC. Direct Memory Access (DMA)
- A basic instruction that can be interpreted by computer generally has ________
A. An operand and an address
B. decoder and an accumulator
C. Sequence register and decoder
D. None of the AboveA. An operand and an address
- The load instruction is mostly used to designate a transfer from memory to a processor register known as_________
B. Instruction Register
C. Program counter
D. Memory address RegisterA. Accumulator
- The communication between the components in a microcomputer takes place via the address and ______
A. I/O bus
B. Data bus
C. Address bus
D. None of the AboveB. Data bus
- The operation executed on data stored in registers is called_______
D. None of the AboveB. Micro-operation
- Which register keeps tracks of the instructions in the program stored in memory?
A. Address Register
B. Index Register
C. Program Counter
D. None of the AboveC. Program Counter
- In which addressing mode the operand is given explicitly in the instruction?
D. DirectB. Immediate
- When necessary, the results are transferred from the CPU to main memory by _______
A. I/O devices.
C. Shift registers.
D. None of the Above.C. Shift registers.
- A group of bits that tell the computer to perform a specific operation is known as_______
A. Instruction code
D. RegisterA. Instruction code
- The average time required to reach a storage location in memory and obtain its contents is called_____.
A. Latency time.
B. Access time.
C. Turnaround time.
D. Response time.B. Access time.