Two Indian Coast Guard Ships (ICGS) Apoorva and interceptor boat C-421 were commissioned by Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Western Naval Command, Mumbai and Vice Admiral Surindar Pal Singh Cheema off the naval dockyard in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- ICGS FPV Apoorva is commanded by Commandant Dinesh Dogra with a complement of 5 officers and 34 ranks.
- ICGS Interceptor Boat C-421 is commanded by Deputy Commandant Rohit Kulkarni with a complement of 1 officer and 13 ranks.
- It is built by Cochin Shipyard Limited, Kochi.
- It is 14th in the series of 20 Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV)
- 50 meter long FPV that displaces 317 Tonnes and can achieve a maximum speed of 33 knots
- Apoorva means unparalleled will be based at Goa
- It is equipped with state-of-the-art weaponry, advanced communication and navigational equipment.
INTERCEPTOR BOAT C-421
- It is built by Larsen & Toubro (L&T Ltd), Surat
- It is 27th in the series of IBs constructed by L & T Limited
- Water jet propelled vessel can achieve a maximum speed of 45 Knots
- The vessel will be based at Androth in Lakshadweep islands.
- It is fitted with medium range armaments and is designed for close coast and shallow water operations.
ICGS Aadesh the first Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) of the series was launched on January 9, 2013 based in Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu followed by
|Launch date||Name||Home Port|
|21 March 2013||Abheek||Chennai|
|28 May 2013||Abhinav||Kochi|
|30 September 2013||Abhiraj||Tuticorin, (Tamil Nadu)|
|29 November 2013||Achook||Mumbai|
|29 November 2013||Agrim||Mumbai|
|29 March 2014||Amartya||New Mangalore|
|5 June 2014||Ameya||Karaikal (Puducherry)|
|5 August 2014||Amogh||Paradip (Odisha)|
|30 September 2014||Anagh||Chennai|
|28 November 2014||Ankit||Porbandar (Gujarat)|
|17 January 2015||Anmol||Haldia (West Bengal)|
|26 February 2015||Apoorva||Goa|