On October 9, 2023, Pushkar Singh Dhami, Chief Minister (CM) of Uttarakhand, launched the government-developed Rojgar Prayag Portal during the Uttarakhand Youth Mahotsav 2023 program organized at Parade Ground in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- The portal for youths aims to provide employment opportunities in the Uttarakhand on a single portal.
- The event was organized by the Uttarakhand Skill development Society and Government of Uttarakhand on the theme ‘Uttarakhand Towards Entrepreneurship and Employment’.
Highlights of the event:
Yuva Uttarakhand App:
During the event, CM Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the Yuva Uttarakhand App to make the schemes run by various departments available at one place.
The app was developed by Information Technology Development Agency (ITDA).
CM also announced that development of self-employment centres in the employment officers in all the districts for the youth to get more information and applications related to the schemes.
- He inaugurated the self-employment centres in the employment offices of Dehradun and Udham Singh Nagar.
- In these centres, VC (Virtual Conference) rooms will be established to connect remote youth with experts.
MoUs signed during the Youth Mahotsav:
During the event, three Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) were signed in the presence of CM Dhami.
Details of the 3 MoUs:
i.An MoU was signed between Uttarakhand’s Skill Development and Employment Department and Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Roorkee, Uttarakhand to utilize the technical expertise of IIT Roorkee for the development of skill capacity of the state’s manpower.
- In the first phase, technical support will be provided by the Incubator Center of IIT Roorkee for high level upskilling of the labor force working in the construction sector.
ii.An MOU was signed between the Skill Development and Employment Department and Microsoft.
- Under this, Students studying in higher technical institutions of UK will be given training related to digital skills by Microsoft.
- Microsoft also supports digital training for underprivileged groups.
iii.MoUs were signed with Envertz Consultancy to employ nursing trainees from U’Khand as nurses in England and Ireland; and with Generise Global to employ them as nurses in Germany.
iv.Learnet Skills Pvt. Ltd. to provide Japanese language and lifestyle training to the UK’s youth in Japan.
Recent Related News:
i.The Naini Saini Airport, Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand has received the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) aerodrome licence to operate civil flights.
ii.The 12th edition of “Ex Ekuverin”, a bilateral joint military exercise between the Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Force commenced at Chaubatia, Uttarakhand.
Chief Minister– Pushkar Singh Dhami
Governor– Gurmit Singh
Festivals– Magh Mela, Nanda Raj Jat