Public health facilities would be awarded based on various parameters like sanitation,cleanliness and infection control, by the government in a scheme that is going to be launched soon. Health Minister Mr JP Nadda would launch the initiative to award public health facilities ”Kayakalp” tomorrow and also release ‘Swachhata” guidelines .
- This initiative would be Ministry’s contribution towards PM Narendra Modi’s project”Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”
- Health officials spoke about the objectives of this initiative being aimed at promoting cleanliness,hygiene and control of infection at public healthcare facilities.
- Other purpose of the initiative is to encourage the public facilities that show great performance in adhering to protocols of infection control and cleanliness and to instill a culture of ongoing assessment and review of performances towards sanitation cleanliness and hygiene.
- The number of awards recommended under the scheme are 2 best district hospitals, 2 best Community Health Centres or CHC, one award for PHC or Primary Health Centre .
- Rs 50 lakhs and Rs 20 lakhs would be given as cash award in the first category of first and second district hospitals respectively.
- For CHC category first facility would be given Rs 15 lakhs and next Rs 10 lakhs
- For PHC the cash award would be Rs 2 lakhs.
- Through a 3 tier system the assessment would take place,internal assessment followed by peer and then the external assessment in that order.
Some informations on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- It is a national campaign by the Government of India towards cleanliness and covers 4041 statutory towns.
- It was started on 2nd October 2014 by PM Narendra modi.
- It is India’s biggest ever cleanliness drive participated by 3million government staffs and also students belonging to schools and colleges in India.
- Some famous personalities who took part are Sachin Tendulkar,Kamal Hassan, Salman khan,Saina Nehwal,Amitabh Bachchan etc.
- From 1st April 1999, the Government of india restructured the Comprehensive Rural Sanitation Programme and launched the Total Sanitation Campaign or TSC.
- From 1st April 2012, TSC was renamed as Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan or NBA.
- On 2nd October 2014,the campaign was relaunched as Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or SBA