John Thomas Chambers, Executive Chairman of Cisco has been elected as the next Chairman of US-India Business Council’s Board of Directors (USIBC) in place of Ajay Banga, President and CEO of MasterCard.
Announcement in this regard was made at the USIBC’s 40th Anniversary Leadership Summit made up of 300 top US and Indian companies that started the US-India Strategic and Commercial Dialogue(S&CD) held in Washington DC.
- Formed in 1975 at the request of the US and Indian governments, the US-India Business Council is the premier business advocacy organization, comprised of more than 300 top-tier US and Indian companies advancing US-India commercial ties.
- Council’s board of directors now includes 14 global Presidents and CEOs
ABOUT JOHN CHAMBERS
Chambers became Cisco’s president and CEO in 1995 and chairman of the board in 2006.
He helped grow the company from $70 million when he joined Cisco in January 1991, to $1.2 billion when he assumed the role of CEO and to $47 billion in FY15.
- 2012 Bower Award for Business Leadership from the Franklin Institute
- Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People
- One of Barron’s’ “World’s Best CEOs
- “Best Boss in America” by 20/20
- One of BusinessWeek’s “Top 25 Executives Worldwide
- Business Council’s “Award for Corporate Leadership
- Best Investor Relations by a CEO” from Investor Relations Magazine three times.
- First-ever Clinton Global Citizen Award from former US President Bill Clinton
- Awarded the Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship