On 16th December 2019, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organized the “Steeling India- 2019: Driving metal intensity in key sectors” in New Delhi. Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister for Steel and Petroleum & Natural Gas participated in the event. The event aims to expand the economic activity in the implementation of government schemes and to promote drive steel usage in rural areas.
- During the event, Dharmendra Pradhan discussed about “ISAPTI IRADA”. It is a campaign that aims to increase the appropriate usage of steel in India thereby bringing more strength to the society. The brand will be allowed to be used by the entities working on the Isapti Irada theme. Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (PV Sindhu), Indian Shuttle player is the brand ambassador of Isapti Irada.
i.Highlights of the event:
- Discussion on strategies to enhance steel consumption and to promote intensive steel structures.
- Session on key user industries like infrastructure and housing, automobiles and railways and water and irrigation.
- Contemplation on innovative growth strategies that focus on value added and niche products.
- To establish new applications of steel among user segments.
- To propose ways to achieve an optimized supply chain from steel producers to customer’s demand.
ii.Goal of Steeling India- 2019:
- To develop roadmaps for increasing the intensity of steel in the key sectors.
- To form a strategy to reduce the issues in supply chain, and to enter into rural markets and new areas.
- To understand the problems of user industries and to highlight the use of steel in various applications.
iii.The participants of the event were steel producers and steel consumers, infrastructure developers, capital goods producers, railway equipment and infrastructure companies, decision makers and policy advisors.
About Confederation of Indian Industry (CII):
Headquarters- New Delhi
President- Vikram Shreekant Kirloskar