- China successfully test fired the power system of a Long March-5 carrier which is stated to be the largest space launch vehicle that will be used in the Chang’e-5 lunar mission around 2017.
- As per state-run Xinhua news agency report, the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defence stated that this final ground test of the power system was good preparation for tests which are to be performed on actual launch of the rocket next year.
Key facts about Long March-5 carrier test:
- The engines of the rocket were fired on the ground normally.
- The carrier used non-toxic and non-polluting liquefied propellant.
- It will be the largest carrying capacity carrier in China with a payload capacity of 14 tonnes to geostationary transfer orbit.
- With such a higher payload capacity, it will inevitably increase China’s ability to enter space.
Important Points to Remember:
- Chinese Capital: Beijing
- Chinese Currency: Chinese Yaun Renminbi
- Chinese President: Xi Jinping