China rolled out world’s first hydrogen-powered tramcar in China’s eastern Shandong Province.
“It took two years for Sifang to solve key technological problems, with the help of research institutions,” state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Liang as saying without mentioning when the tram would be operational.
Points To Remember
- Tramcar is the only hydrogen powered vehicle in the field and makes China the only country to have mastered the technology.
- The tram can be refilled with hydrogen in three minutes and can then run for 100 km at speeds as high as 70 kmph.
- Each tram has over 60 seats and can carry 380 passengers.
- The average distance of tramcar lines in China is about 15km, which means one refill for our tram is enough for three round trips.
- Water will be the tram’s only emission.