Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal, launched Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) in a function held at Sri Sri Madhavdev International Auditorium of Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra in Guwahati on February 5, 2017 with an aim to develop all the villages to Assam in the next five years.
Aim: The CMSGUY scheme aims to bring a revolutionary change in the state by doubling the farm income by 2022 which also marks the 75 anniversary of India’s Independence.
- The total financial outlay of the CMSGUY scheme is Rs. 30,000 crore. It will be implemented in phased manner in the villages of Assam till 2021-22.
About the CMSGUY Project
For the propoer implementation of the scheme a Mega Mission Society has been constituted under the chairmanship of Sarbananda Sonowal.
- As per the Situation Assessment Survey done during 2002-03 to 2012-13, the report estimated that the farm income in Assam was only 0.88 percent as against national average of 5.2 per cent.
- The CMSGUY scheme would be launched in a time bound manner. It would cover each village of the state for complete rural transformation though massive investment so as to enhance rural productivity.
- It would include focused interventions in direct economic activities, logistic support including market linkages, and community support.
- Under the 5-year scheme, five teams will be constituted in each block which will work as a base to implement different missions of the programme. These teams will prepare development plans for them to be implemented in each village.
- A village knowledge centre will also be set up in each village as a part of the scheme. Besides, MGNREGA play ground will be built in each village.
- Out of the total outlay of Rs. 30,000 crore of the project, Rs. 1.20 crore has been planned as average investment to be made on each revenue village of the state.
- In the Union Budget 2017-18, an initial amount of Rs. 500 crore has already been provided by the Finance Minister to Assam Chief Minister.
- Assam Minister has proposed Rs 1000 crore as a Supplementary Demand and by the end of the financial year 2017 the CMSGUY will have Rs 1500 crore.
Assam is a state in northeastern India. It is one of the Seven Sister States of India that includes Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura. Assam shares an international border with Bhutan and Bangladesh.
- Assam is known for Assam tea and Assam silk. The first oil well in Asia was drilled in Assam.
- Capital: Dispur & Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Dance: Bihu & River: Brahmaputra
- Animal: One horned rhinoceros