The Chief Minister (CM) of Nagaland, Neiphiu Rio, who also holds the Finance portfolio of Nagaland has presented the deficit budget of Rs 2212.74 crore for the Financial Year (FY) 2022-23. The budget focused on the livelihood of people, farmers, infrastructure and also to promote the field of arts, sports, etc.
i.Because of the negative opening balance of Rs 2,363.04 crore and a deficit of Rs 2,212.74 crore, a positive transaction of Rs 150.30 crore has been projected for FY-23.
Receipts And Expenditure:
i.The gross receipts and gross expenditure of the budget is estimated to be Rs 24,389.80 crore and Rs 24,239.50 crore respectively for FY 2022-23.
ii.Because of the growth of the state’s economy, the State’s share of Central taxes was increased by the estimates of the Union Budget by Rs 547.10 crore.
- The amount of Rs 276 crore has been allocated for state share to centrally sponsored schemes (CSS) to provide access to central funds.
Flagship Schemes Of The Budget 2022-23:
i.Chief Minister’s Micro Finance Initiative:
- The scheme provides credit to farmers, Self Help Groups (SHG), Farmer producer organisations in the form of subsidy for the activities in the agri sector.
ii.Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Scheme:
- This scheme provides health coverage upto Rs 5 lakh per annum per family of the state irrespective of their income.
- The scheme provides cashless service coverage in both government and private hospitals.
iii.Target Champion Scheme (TACS):
- This scheme spots talented athletes and provides them with scholarships for training and development to become champions.
- Proposal for 21 Megawatt (MW) hydro power project at Hakchang village in Tuensang district and 27 MW thermal project at Tuli.
- Setting up of a 5 MW solar power plant under the Department of New and Renewable energy.
- With the total amount of Rs 45 crore for Public Works Department (PWD)
- Rs 25 crore has been allocated for the Special Road Development Programme.
- Rs 10 crore to improve the quality of roads.
- Rs 4 crore provided to the Mechanical Engineering Wing under PWD.
- Rs 4 crore has been allocated for the purchase of new buses.
- Rs 2.50 crore has been allocated for the construction of Regional Transport Office (RTO).
- Construction of a new Centre of Excellence for music and arts in Kohima to promote art, innovation and creativity.
- Allocation of Rs 23 crore for the Department of Under Developed Areas (DUDA) with the objective to bring about socio-economic and infrastructural progress in the backward areas of Nagaland.
- The government has provided Rs 4.17 crore for the Department of Information Technology and Communication.
- It has created a database for its employees called the Personnel Information Management System (PIMS), which helps to ensure the collection of real-time data of all categories of employees, including personal data like date of entry into service and date of retirement.
Recently Related News:
Nagaland CM Neiphiu Rio & MoS Tourism Ajay Bhatt Inaugurated 9th International Tourism Mart for the North East Region at Kohima
Neiphiu Rio, Chief Minister(CM) of Nagaland, Ajay Bhatt, Minister of State(MoS) for Tourism inaugurated the three-day long 9th International Tourism Mart for the NorthEast Region at Kohima, Nagaland.
- International Tourism Marts are organised in the North Eastern States on a rotation basis.
- Nagaland is hosting this Mart for the first time.
Governor –Jagdish Mukhi
Festivals – Ngada Festival, Hega Festival
Dance Forms – War Dance, Zeliang Dance