The Chief Minister (CM) of Chhattisgarh, Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated Manendragarh-Chirmiri-Bharatpur and Sakti as the 32nd and 33rd districts of the state, respectively.
The CM inaugurated this district during a function organized at Manendragarh. The district of Manendragarh-Chirmiri-Bharatpur has been demarcated from Koriya district. He provided development works to the district worth Rs.200 crore 73 lakhs.
- The 100 bedded hospital of Chirmiri will be converted as a district hospital.
- There will be development of Siddha Baba temple of Manendragarh by tourism department.
- Rs 3 crore each will be allocated for the development of Manendragarh-Chirmiri-Bharatpur.
The CM inaugurated Shakti district which has been carved out of the Janjgir-Champa district. He provided 309 development works worth Rs.153 crores, along with an additional amount of Rs.3 crore for the development of district.
- The development works includes 296 works worth Rs 85 crore 20 lakh and 13 works to be constructed at a cost of Rs 67 crore 85 lakh 99 thousand.
- 105 development works worth Rs.8 crore 73 lakh under the Education Department, among others.
Chhattisgarh CM gifts Rs.540 crore to new district of Sarangarh-Bilaigarh
The CM also announced 46 different development programs worth Rs 540 crore 32 lakh 98 thousand to the residents of the newly formed district of Sarangarh-Bilaigarh. It should be noted that before the above mentioned districts, the CM inaugurated Sarangarh-Bilaigarh and Khairagarh-Chhuikhadan-Gandai as the 30th and 31st districts of the state, respectively.
- Earlier, Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh Chowki named as the 29th district of the state.
Points to be noted:
i.Sarangarh is the district headquarters of the newly formed district Of Sarangarh-Bilaigarh.
ii.Khairagarh-Chuikhadan-Gandai’ district comes under Durg division.
iii.Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh-Chowki district is carved out of Rajnandgaon district.
i.For Sarangarh-Bilaigarh, the developmental works include 20 works to be constructed for Rs. 28 crore 3 lakh 1 thousand, and 26 works to be constructed for Rs 512 crores 29 lakh 97 thousand
- There will be 50-seater hostel for Tribal Girls built by the Tribal Development Department under the Sarangarh development block at the cost of Rs. 1 crore 52 thousand 97 hundred.
ii.For Khairagarh-Chhuikhadan-Gandai, the CM inaugurated 95 development works worth Rs 364 crore 56 lakh during the inaugural programme. He also distributed materials worth Rs 37 lakh 48 thousand to 213 beneficiaries.
iii.For these 3 districts, CM granted development works worth Rs 1037.37 crore.
Recent Related News:
i.Central Power Research Institute (CPRI), Bengaluru, Karnataka, has signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Chhattisgarh Government to set up central India’s largest regional testing laboratory and testing centre at Atal Nagar-Nava Raipur (Naya Raipur), Chhattisgarh.
ii.Bhupesh Baghel flagged off Mukhyamantri Mahtari Nyay Rath from Raipur with the aim of spreading legal awareness among women. The Rath Yatra was flagged off on the occasion of Hareli Tihaar festival (28th July 2022).
Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
Festivals– Maati Ti’aar, The First Fruits Festival, Parad
Dance– Panthi Dance, Raut Nacha