On March 4, 2020, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister (CM) Bhupesh Baghel has presented a budget of Rs 95,650-crore in the state assembly for 2020-21.Highlights:
|Sl.No||Items||2019-20 (Budget Estimate in crore)||2020-21 (Budget Estimate in crore)|
- As per the revised estimate of 2019-20, the subsidy burden of the state is Rs 10,836 crore, which is about 11 % of the total expenditure.It is also estimated to be around Rs 7,660 crore in 2019-20.
- Three new indoor stadiums will be set up in the state. With this, 11 new auditoriums will be built.
- Three sub-divisions in the state will be made district jail. A provision of Rs 135 crore for electrification, 25 crore for Anganwadi centers, sports council will be developed in 95 acres area in Sector 25 of Naya Raipur.
- 25 new tehsil offices will be constructed. Shaheed Smarak will be established in Naya Raipur.
- A provision of Rs 50 crore has been made for a new food park in the state. A provision of 1603 crore has been made for the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Yojana.
- Provision of 60 crores for the Chief Minister’s Nutrition Scheme, 13 crores for the healthcare of those coming to the Haat Bazaar, 20 lakhs for the treatment of critical illness.
- Provision of Rs 2,300 crore “Krishak Jeevan Jyoti Yojana” to provide free power to agri-pumps up to five Horse Power capacity.
- provision of setting 1176 biogas plants under the Gobar Dhan Yojana costing Rs 450 crore.
- He announced a new scheme,’Rajiv Gandhi Kisaan Nyay Yojana’, to provide good returns to farmers for agricultural produce with a provision of Rs 5,100 crore.
- ‘Gurukul Vidyalaya’ (residential school) will be set up in Giraudhpuri, the birthplace of spiritual leader Baba Guru Ghasidas.
- Laboratories for the Internet of Things and robotics will be set up at three engineering colleges and five polytechnics in the state.
- A provision of Rs 7.20 crore has been made for automated Air Traffic Control (ATC) towers at Jagdalpur, Ambikapur and Bilaspur airports, while Rs 1 crore is earmarked for construction of air strip at Baikunthpur, Korea district.
- ‘Shahid Smarak’ (martyrs’ memorial) will be built in Nawa Raipur Atal Nagar in the memory of Congress leaders and security personnel killed in the May 2013 Jhiram Valley naxal attack, Baghel announced.
- Click here to read more about the budget.
Governor– Anusuiya Uikey
Chief minister– Bhupesh Baghel
National Parks– Indravati (Kutru) National Park, Kanger Valley National Park, Guru Ghasi Das (Sanjay) National Park
Wildlife Sanctuaries– Achanakmar WLS, Badalkhol WLS, Bhoramdev WLS, Sarangarh-Gomardha WLS, Semarsot WLS, Sitanadi WLS.