Eminent Indian economist and Nobel laureate Amartya Sen has been conferred with the newly established Charleston-EFG John Maynard Keynes Prize 2015 in United Kingdom. Professor Sen will receive 7500 British pounds to commission a work of art. He will give the annual Charleston-EFG Keynes Lecture at the Charleston Festival in the United Kingdom, on 23 May 2015. Sen was being honoured for his ground-breaking work which had had a huge impact on the formation of development policy all over the world.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Amartya Kumar Sen is an Indian economist who made huge contributions to welfare economics, social choice theory, economic and social justice, etc.
- He was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1998 for his work in welfare economics.
- In 2013, he is named among the 25 Greatest Global Living Legends In India by NDTV.
- In 1999, Sen was conferred with Bharat Ratna, India’s highest Civilian Award.
- Sen was named as the First Chancellor of Nalanda University.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification