R K Laxman, the iconic cartoonist of India and the creator of Common Man cartoon, passed away at age of 94 after suffering multi-organ failure. For more than five decades, every morning, his fans waited for the Common Man, who has represented the hopes, aspirations, troubles of the citizens of India.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Rasipuram Krishnaswamy Laxman was popularly referred as Pied Piper of Delhi.
- The Common Man was the mascot for the low budget airline Air Deccan.
- The Common Man featured in a commemorative postage stamp released by the Indian Postal Service on the 150th anniversary of the Times of India in 1988.
- RK Laxman was conferred with Padma Bhusan, Padma Vibhusan, and Ramon Magsaysay Awards.
- RK Laxman’s Autobiography – The Tunnel of Time.
The Common Man of RK Laxman