A special institution named Corporate Knights created the Carbon Clean 200 (Clean200TM) – a list of the 200 largest companies worldwide ranked by their total clean energy revenues as an invitation to a larger discussion of how we can invest in a clean energy future.
The Carbon Clean 200 :-
More than 70 of the companies included in the list receive a majority of their revenue from clean energy, the rankings show, with most of the 200 from China (66 entries) and the US (40), although there is also strong representation from Japan (20), Germany (8), India (7) and Canada (5).
- The biggest 200 public companies ranked by green energy revenues, was first published on August 15, 2016 by Corporate Knights and As You Sow.
- The Clean 200 are listed by their estimated green revenues in USD. The dataset is developed by multiplying a company’s most recent year-end revenues by its BNEF New Energy Exposure Rating mid-point.
- The Clean 200 uses negative screens. It excludes all oil and gas companies and utilities that generate less than 50% of their power from green sources, as well as the top 100 coal companies measured by reserves, top 100 weapons producers, as well as laggards on tropical deforestation 14 , and child or forced labor and companies who engage in negative climate lobbying.
- The list was compiled by As You Sow, a nonprofit organization that promotes environmental and social corporate responsibility, and Corporate Knights, a company that produces corporate rankings, research reports and financial product ratings based on corporate sustainability.
The list is topped by Japan’s Toyota Motor followed by Germany’s Siemens AG. The top 20 list as follows
|6||EMERSON ELEC CO|
|7||VESTAS WIND SYST|
|11||DONG ENERGY A/S|
|14||EATON CORP PLC|
|19||FIRST SOLAR INC|
|20||HELLA KGAA HUECK|
Indian companies among Carbon Clean 200 List:-
- Among Indian companies are Suzlon Energy at 68 rank for its wind farms,
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd at 106 for its wind electric generators and solar cells,
- Tata Chemicals at 114 for chemicals for biodiesel, solar energy, and fuel cells.
- Thermax Ltd is at 139
- Exide Indus at 153 for electric storage batteries.
- IDFC Ltd at 155 for its green infrastructure financing
- Havells India at 166 for energy meters.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification