Union Cabinet has given its stamp of approval to ink a concord in the area of Traditional Medicine between Ministry of AYUSH, GOI and World Health Organization, Geneva.
- For carrying out collaborative activities, the spending will be met from the allocated budget under the current plan schemes of Ministry of AYUSH.
As a part of collaboration, WHO activities will assign to India for the development of following WHO technical publications which will help in improving International acceptability and branding of Ayush systems.
- Benchmarks for training in Yoga
- Benchmarks for practice in Ayurveda
- Benchmarks for practice in Unani Medicine
- Benchmarks for practice in Panchakarma
Long term Collaboration
AYUSH and WHO would take up other mutually agreed activities and initiatives that could boost up multilateral collaboration for promotion of Traditional and Complementary Medicine (T&CM) including development of the WHO publication on the Basic terminologies for T&CM; establishment of a database for global T & CM practitioners; establishment of a network of international regulatory cooperation for T&CM practice.
Established in 2014, Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) is a governmental body in India purposed with developing education and research in ayurveda (Indian traditional medicine), yoga, naturopathy, unani, siddha, and homoeopathy, and other alternative medicine systems.