As announced by the president during his Presidential address in 2014 Independence Day speech, the Housing for all scheme has been approved by the cabinet.
Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana
- This scheme intends to provide houses for all people in the rural area
- Under this scheme, incentive will be given by the government to build Pucca house
- Financial assistance of 1,20,000 in plain areas and 1,30,000 in hill areas will be given to all houseless and people those who live in dilapidated houses
- The scheme proposes to build 1 crore houses in the year 2016-17 to2018-19
- The cost will be shared between the centre and states in the ratio of 60:40 in plain areas
- For north eastern and Hilly areas, the ratio will be 90:10
- The total fund allotted for 2017-19 is 81795 crores
- The beneficiary is entitled to 90 days of unskilled labour from MGNREGA. This will be ensured through a server linkage between PMAY and MGNREGA.
- Funds will be transferred electronically directly to the account of the beneficiary.
- The beneficiary would be facilitated to avail loan of up to 70000 rupees for construction of the house which is optional.
The unit size will be enhanced from the existing 20 square meter to up to 25 square meter including a dedicated area for hygienic cooking