On May 16, 2018, Union Cabinet Chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved following bilateral agreements:
Cabinet apprised of MoU between India and France on Technical Cooperation in the field of railways
Union Cabinet has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Indian Railways and SNCF Mobilites (a company owned by the French State) on Technical Cooperation in the field of Railways.
- This MoU was signed on March 10, 2018.
- Activities to be carried out under this MoU: exchange of technical experts, training and seminars/workshops focusing on specific technology areas, reports and technical documents and other interactions for knowledge sharing.
- Identified areas of cooperation under this MoU are High speed and semi-high speed rail, Station renovation and operations, Modernisation of current operations and infrastructure and suburban trains.
Quick Facts about France:
♦ Capital – Paris
♦ Currency – Euro
♦ Current President – Emmanuel Macron
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Morocco in the legal field
This MoU will enable India and Morocco to share their experience and expertise in the field of law and legislation.
- Under this MoU, Lawyers, Law Officers and law students in India and Morocco will get an opportunity to discuss issues in the field of law and justice through seminars, symposiums and workshops.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Morocco in the field of Mining and Geology
Union Cabinet has given its ex post facto approval to the signing of MoU between India and Morocco in the field of mining and geology.
- The agreement was signed on April 11, 2018, in New Delhi between the Moroccan Ministry of Energy, Mines and Sustainable development and the Ministry of Mines, Govt. of India.
- The MoU envisages India-Morocco cooperation in development of geological infrastructure, training programs, establishment of geological data bank and promotion of mining and geology.
- The MoU will be mutually beneficial for both the countries in economic, social and environmental fields.
Quick Facts about Morocco:
♦ Capital – Rabat
♦ Currency – Morrocan dirham
♦ Current Prime Minister – Saadeddine Othmani
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Swaziland on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine
Union Cabinet has given its ex-post-facto approval for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the India and Swaziland on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine.
- This MoU was signed on April 9, 2018.
- Areas of cooperation covered under this MOU: Drugs & Pharmaceutical products, Medical Consumable products, Medical Research, Medical Equipment, Public Health, Communicable Disease Control & Surveillance and Health Tourism.
- A working group will be constituted to oversee the activities carried out under the scope of this MoU.
Quick Facts about Swaziland:
♦ Capital – Mbabane
♦ Currency – South African rand and Swazi lilangeni
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Suriname for cooperation in the field of electoral management and administration
The MoU envisages exchange of knowledge and experience in the field of organizational and technical development of electoral process; institutional strengthening and capacity building, support in exchanging information, training of personnel and holding regular consultations etc.
- The MoU is expected to promote bilateral cooperation between both the countries aimed at building technical assistance/capacity support for Suriname.
Quick Facts about Suriname:
♦ Capital – Paramaribo
♦ Currency – Surinamese dollar
♦ Current President – Desi Bouterse
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Equatorial Guinea for Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine
Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Equatorial Guinea for Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine.
- This MoU was signed on April 8, 2018.
- It is aimed at enhancing bilateral cooperation between India and Equatorial Guinea in the areas of Traditional Systems of Medicine.
- Financial resources necessary to conduct research, training courses, conferences/ meetings and deputations of experts under the scope of this MoU will be met from the existing allocated budget and existing plan schemes of Ministry of AYUSH.
- It is to be noted that India has signed similar MoUs with other countries also viz. Malaysia, Trinidad & Tobago, Hungry, Bangladesh, Nepal.
Quick Facts about Equatorial Guinea:
♦ Capital – Malabo
♦ Currency – Central African Franc
♦ Current President – Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
Cabinet approves MoU on Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine between India and Colombia
Activities carried out under the scope of this MoU will lead to promotion and propagation of Traditional Systems of Medicines of India in Colombia.
- Activities to be carried out under this MoU: exchange of experts for training the practitioners and conducting collaborative research in Traditional Systems of Medicine which will lead to new innovations in drug development and traditional medical practice.
Quick Facts about Colombia:
♦ Capital – Bogota
♦ Currency – Peso
♦ Current President – Juan Manuel Santos