Cabinet Approvals with Foreign Countries:
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Viet Nam on Joint issue of postage stamp
On June 13,2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved of the joint issue of a postage stamp between Department of Posts and Viet Nam Post.
- Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications and Viet Nara Post mutually agreed to jointly issue Postage Stamps on India-Viet Nam.
- The Theme of the Joint Postage Stamp is : “Ancient Architecture”.
- They were released on 25-01-2018.
- It depicts Sanchi Stupa of India and Pho Minh Pagodaof Viet Nam.
- This project took its shape due to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between postal administrations of India and Viet Nam for this joint issue on 18-12-2017.
♦ Capital: Hanoi.
♦ Currency: Vietnamese Dong
Cabinet approves MoU between the ICMR and INSERM, France
On june 13, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri NarendraModi has approved of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which was signed in March, 2018 between the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Institut National de la Santeet de la Recherche Medicale (INSERM), France.
- Itaims at cooperation in areas of common interest within the medical, life sciences and health research fields.
- The parties would focus on issues of : Diabetes and Metabolic disorders, Bio-ethics with focus on Ethics and regulatory issues of Gene editing techniques, Rare diseases.
♦ Capital: Paris
♦ Currency: Euro
Cabinet approves Agreement between India and Peru
On June 13, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved an Agreement between India and Peru which was signed in May, 2018 at Lima, Peru.
- Itaims to establish the basis for a cooperative institutional relationship.
- To encourage and promote technical bilateral cooperation on new and renewable issues.
- A Joint Committee will be established to develop Work Plans in order to implement the Agreement.
♦ Capital: Lima
♦ Currency: Sol