The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has granted approval to several Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with Foreign Countries. They are
i.MoU between India and the United States of America (USA) on cooperation in the field of Geology.
ii.MoU between India and Bangladesh on cooperation in the field of Disaster Management, Resilience and Mitigation.
MoU between India & USA in the field of Geology
The Union cabinet has given its approval for signing the MoU between Geological Survey of India (GSI), Ministry of Mines, India and the Florida International University (FIU) board of trustees on behalf of the Department of Earth, Environment, College of Arts, Science & Education, USA on cooperation in the field of Geology.
- To understand the geologic and tectonic environment of the generation and emplacement of post-collisional magmatism in India-Asia Collision margin.
- To construct a model of post-collisional magma genesis in continental collision zones in general and to construct the geologic history and tectonics of the Eastern Himalayan Syntaxis.
- To develop projects in the field of geological, geochemical, petrological and multi-isotopic studies related to evolution of Post collisional Magmatic belts in Ladakh Plutons
MoU between India & Bangladesh in the field of Disaster Management, Resilience and Mitigation
The Union cabinet has given its approval for the MoU signed between the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) , Ministry of Home Affairs, India and the Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief, Bangladesh for cooperation in the field of Disaster Management, Resilience and Mitigation.
- Both countries agreed to extend mutual support on the request of either country at the time of Disaster (Natural or human induced) in the field of relief, response, reconstruction and recovery.
- The countries had received approval to exchange relevant information like remote sensing data and other scientific data, Share best practices of disaster response, mitigation etc..
- The joint Disaster Management Exercises bilaterally between India and Bangladesh.
- Both countries will support each other to train the Officials in the field of Disaster management.
About United States of America
President – Joe Biden
Capital – Washington,D.C
Currency – United States Dollar (USD)
PrimeMinister – Sheikh Hasina
Capital – Dhaka
Currency – Bangladeshi Taka