On 13th February, 2019, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved various agreements with foreign governments in areas of terrorism, counter-terrorism and space.
MoU between India and Morocco for setting up Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter-terrorism
The Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Morocco for setting up a Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter-terrorism, subject to the cases relating to terrorist attacks.
The objectives of the MoU are obtaining and exchanging information on terrorist activities.
♦ Capital – Rabat
♦ Currency – Moroccan Dirham
♦ Prime Minister – Saadeddine Othmani
Cabinet approved MoU for peaceful uses of Outer Space between India and Finland
The MoU between India and Finland on cooperation in the field of peaceful uses of outer space was given approval by the Union Cabinet.
- It includes provisions for exploring newer research activities and applications in the fields of Remote Sensing of the Earth, Satellite Communication, Satellite Navigation Space Science and Exploration of Outer Space.
- Provisions for Launching Finnish space objects by Indian launch vehicles, processing and using space data, use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and cooperation around emerging new space opportunities are also included.
- The participants will nominate a coordinator in order to coordinate the activities under the agreement and meetings to facilitate the implementations would be held in India, Finland or through video conference as per the mutual decision of the countries.
♦ Capital – Helsinki
♦ Currency – Euro
♦ President – Sauli Niinisto
Cabinet approved MoU between India and Argentina for Tourism
The signing of MoU between India and Argentina in the field of Tourism was approved by the Union Cabinet.
The MoU is aimed at helping the two countries to create an institutional mechanism for enhancing cooperation in the Tourism sector.
♦ Capital – Buenos Aires
♦ Currency – Peso
♦ President – Mauricio Macri
3 MoU’s signed between India and Saudi Arabia approved by the Union Cabinet
The Union Cabinet approved the following 3 MoU’s between India and Saudi Arabia.
MoU regarding Investment Infrastructure
The Union Cabinet approved the MoU between India and Saudi Arabia on establishing a mechanism for Investment Infrastructure in India.
- The MoU provides for engaging with the institutions of Saudi Arabia to attract potential investment into the infrastructure sector of India.
- The aim is to boost the infrastructure development in India, creating more jobs, growing ancillary industries and finally lead to the growth in GDP and overall economic prosperity.
MoU in relation to Customs approved by the Cabinet
Another MoU between India and Saudi Arabia in matters of Customs was approved by the Union Cabinet.
- The MoU provides for the cooperation and assistance between the two countries in the matters of Customs.
- It will secure availability, reliability, quick and cost effective information and intelligence for prevention and investigation of customs offences, and also to apprehend such offenders.
MoU in the field of Tourism
The MoU between India and Saudi Arabia for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism was also approved by the Union Cabinet.
- The MoU provides for exchanging information and expertise in tourism development, hotels, resorts and tourist accommodation facilities along with tourism data and statistics.
- Sharing media publications and films to encourage tourism.
- Introducing mutual investment opportunities in the countries in tourism projects.
- Conducting joint tourism events, exhibitions, conferences and seminars to encourage tourism and establish a joint tourism vision.
- Cooperation in international forums and organisations concerned with tourism affairs.
About Saudi Arabia
♦ Capital – Riyadh
♦ Currency – Saudi Riyal
♦ King – Salman