On October 3, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the following.
Cabinet approves Redevelopment of Railway Stations by IRSDC as Nodal Agency, through simplified procedures and longer lease tenure
On October 3, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the redevelopment of Railway Stations.
- This will be implemented by Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Limited (IRSDC) as Nodal Agency and main Project Development Agency for longer lease tenure of upto 99 years.
- IRSDC being the Nodal agency will prepare the overall strategic plan and business plans for individual or a group of stations ensuring cost neutrality of this program.
- This will lead to creation of State-of-the-art smart stations that will function as mini smart cities.
- This is based on a Cabinet approval that was obtained on 24th June 2015 to redevelop ‘A1’ and ‘A’ category stations by Zonal Railways through Cabinet approved procedures and for an earlier lease period of 45 years.
Cabinet approves Indore Metro Rail Project comprising Ring Line (Bengali Square – Vijay Nagar – Bhawarsala – Airport – Patasia – Bengali Square)
On October 3, 2018, the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the implementation of Indore Metro Rail Project.
i. This project comprises of:
- Ring Line of length 31.55 Kmfrom Bengali Square – Vijay Nagar – Bhawarsala – Airport – Patasia – Bengali Square.
- Numbers of Stations on the Ring Line are 30.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs. Rs.7500.80 crore and the project will be completed in 4 years.
ii. A SPV namely Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Co Ltd. (MPMRCL) has been constituted for implementation of the Project.
iii. It will be partly financed from Central Government and State Government of Madhya Pradesh on equal equity basis and partly as loan from Asian Development Bank (ADB) and New Development Bank (NDB).
♦ Capital: Bhopal.
♦ Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
♦ Governor: Anandiben Patel.
National Parks in Madhya Pradesh:
♦ Kanha Tiger Reserve, Madhav National Park, Panna National Park, Bandhavgarh National Park.
Cabinet approves Bhopal Metro Rail Project comprising two corridors;(i) Karond Circle to AIIMS (ii) Bhadbhada Square to RatnagiriTiraha
On October 3, 2018, the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved implementation of Bhopal Metro Rail Project comprising two corridors of total length 27.87 Km.
i. The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 6941.40 crore and the project will be completed in 4 years.
ii. The corridors are:
- Karond Circle to AIIMS (14.99 Km) and
- Bhadbhada Square to RatnagiriTiraha (12.88 Km).
- Karond to AIIMS corridor would consist of 16 Stations (14-El.evated and 2-Underground).
iii. Bhadbhada to RatnagiriTiraha corridor would consist of 14 elevated stations.
iv. The Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Co Ltd. (MPMRCL) will implement the project.
v. The Bhopal Metro Rail Project will be partly financed by GoI and GoMP on equal equity basis and partly as loan from European Investment Bank (EIB).
Cabinet approves establishment of National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation in Sehore District instead of Bhopal
On October 3, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved modification regarding the establishment of National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation (NIMHR).
- It will be established in Sehore District (Bhopal-Sehore highway) instead of Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh.
- It will be the first of its kind in the country in the area of mental health rehabilitation and will host capacity building in human resource and research in the area of mental health rehabilitation.
Cabinet approves budgetary support to Nepa Limited for the Revival and Mill Development Plan, payment of pending salary/wages, statutory dues, funding Voluntary Retirement Scheme and disinvestment of the company on RMDP completion
On October 3, 2018, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved budgetary support to Nepa Limited for the Revival and Mill Development Plan.
i. It involves providing a financial package of Rs. 469.41 crore for the development plan.
ii. The package has:
- infusion of Rs.277 crore as equity in the company for production enhancement to 1,00,000 MT per annum from 83,000 MT per annum,
- Loan of Rs.101.58 crore has also been approved for the payment of salary, wages, etc,
- Sum of Rs.90.83 crore for the voluntary retirement scheme of 400 employees,
Nepa Ltd. is a pioneer newsprint company located in district Burhanpur, in Madhya Pradesh.
Cabinet approves enhanced Minimum Support Prices (MSP) for Rabi Crops of 2018-19 Season to be marketed in 2019-20 Season
On October 3, 2018, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the increase in the Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for all Rabi crops for 2018-19 to be marketed in 2019-20 season.
i. The MSPs fixed by the government for wheat, barley, gram, masur, rapeseed & mustard and safflower are much higher than the cost of production.
ii. It will give additional return to the farmers of Rs 62,635 crore by way of increasing MSP of notified crops to at least 50 per cent return.
iii. This is under the new Umbrella Scheme “Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan’ (PM-AASHA) which has three sub-schemes i.e. Price Support Scheme (PSS), Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS) and Private Procurement & Stockist Scheme (PPSS).