On February 28, 2018, Union Cabinet Chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved following bilateral agreements.
Cabinet apprised of an MoU between India and Fiji on Cooperation in Renewable Energy
Union Cabinet has been apprised of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Cooperation in Renewable Energy between India and Fiji.
- This MoU was signed on May 24, 2017 at Suva, Fiji.
- Objective of the MoU is to encourage and promote technical bilateral cooperation between India and Fiji on new and renewable energy issues.
- As per the terms of the MoU, a Joint Working Committee will be established to review, monitor and discuss matters related to areas of cooperation.
Quick Facts about Fiji:
- Capital – Suva
- Currency – Fijian dollar
- Current Prime Minister – Frank Bainimarama
- Closest Neighbour – Vanuatu
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Macedonia on cooperation in the field of Health
Areas of cooperation covered under this MoU includes capacity building and short term training of human resources in health, exchange of doctors and health professionals and assistance in setting up healthcare facilities.
- A joint Working Group will be set up to oversee the activities carried out under the scope of this MoU.
Quick Facts about Macedonia:
- Capital – Skopje
- Currency – Macedonian denar
- Current Prime Minister – Zoran Zaev
- Shares borders with – Kosovo, Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece, Albania
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Jordan on Cooperation in Field of Manpower
Objective of this memorandum of understanding (MoU) is to enhance collaboration between India and Jordan in promoting best practices in the administration of contractual employment, implementing latest reforms in recruitment processes and enhance the protection and welfare of Indian workers in Jordan.
- As per the terms of the MoU, India and Jordan will collaborate to use online portal for recruitment of Indian manpower. Usage of online portal will increase transparency and curb malpractices in the recruitment process.
- This MoU will be valid for a period of five years.
Quick Facts about Jordan:
- Capital – Amman
- Currency – Jordanian dinar
- Ruling Monarch – Abdullah II
- Neighbouring countries – Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Palestine and Syria
Cabinet approves MoU with Jordan for mining project
Union Cabinet has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Jordan for mining and beneficiation of Rock Phosphate & Muriate of Potash (MOP) and setting up production facility in Jordan for Phosphoric Acid/ Diammonium phosphate (DAP)/NPK Fertilizers.
- The MoU includes a long term agreement for 100% off-take to India.
- It will thus ensure consistent supply of raw material, intermediaries and Phosphatic and Potassic (P&K) fertilizers to India at reasonable prices.
Cabinet approves Agreement between India and Jordan on Cooperation in Customs Matters
Union Cabinet has approved the signing and ratifying an Agreement between India and Jordan on Cooperation and Mutual Administrative Assistance in Customs Matters.
- This agreement will not only facilitate exchange of relevant information for the prevention and investigation of Customs offences but will also ensure efficient clearance of goods traded between India and Jordan.
- More importantly, Indian Customs’ concerns and requirements in the area of exchange of information on the correctness of the Customs value, tariff classification and origin of the goods traded, have been incorporated in the draft agreement.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Vietnam on Economic and Trade Cooperation
This MoU will lead to expansion of bilateral trade and economic cooperation between India and Vietnam
Quick Facts about Vietnam:
- Capital – Hanoi
- Currency – Vietnamese Dong
- Current President – Tran Dai Quang
- Important Rivers – Red River, Perfume River