The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on February 22, 2017 gave certain approvals in New Delhi in various sectors for the overall development of India.
CCEA approves 40,000-mw solar park scheme
The Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) okayed revised norms for the Scheme for Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects with the production target enhancement to 40,000 MW from the present 20,000 MW.
- The enhanced target capacity would ensure development of at least 50 solar parks each with a capacity of 500 MW and above in various parts of the country.
- In the recent development smaller parks in Himalayan and other hilly States where contiguous land may be difficult to acquire in view of the difficult terrain, will also be considered under the scheme.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Australia for promotion and development of cooperation in civil aviation security
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Australia for promotion and development of cooperation in civil aviation security.
- The MoU will provide an opportunity to Indian aviation security authorities to share the expertise of their Australian counterparts and enhance the overall aviation security environment in India.
- This MoU will additionally enhance the compliance of international obligation and promotion in the area of security cooperation between the sides.
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
Cabinet approves signing of Air Services Agreement between India and Greece
Union Cabinet has approved the signing of Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Greece which has the potential to spur greater trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchange also in line government’s developments in the civil aviation sector.
- The MoU will provide a way for seamless connectivity while providing commercial opportunities to the carriers of both the sides ensuring greater safety and security.
- Upon clearing this MoU both countries shall be entitled to designate one or more airline of either country shall have the right to establish offices in the territory of the other country for the promotion end sale of air services.
- Capital: Athens
- Currency: Euro
Cabinet approves signing of an Agreement between India and Poland on cooperation in the field of agriculture and allied sectors
The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of Agreement between India and Poland on cooperation in the field of agriculture and allied sectors.
- The agreement includes various activities in the field of agriculture and allied sector including exchange of information on the current situation in agriculture, the phytosanitary conditions of crops, threats posed by harmful organisms and the threats posed by animal infectious diseases.
- It also covers the participation in fairs, exhibitions, seminars and conferences related to agriculture and agri-food processing between the states of the Contracting Parties.
- Capital: Warsaw
- Currency: Polish złoty
Government approves 800 crore for coastal security surveillance
Union Defence Ministry has approved 38 additional coastal radar stations with the cost of Rs 800 crore to enhance coastal surveillance on India’ over 7500 km long line.
- The Defence Acquisition Council led by Defence minister Manohar Parrikar approved the acceptance of the necessity of 38 radar stations aimed to give gap less electronic surveillance of Indian coastline.
- Besides the deciding body also gave it nod to set up an integrated engine repair facility for Naval Mig-29K fighter jets at naval aircraft yard in Goa.
- With this approval the phase two of the project which will have Bangalore-based Bharat Electronics Limited as a lead integrator that will add the 46 existing such coastal surveillance stations.
Cabinet approves investment proposal for 3-Hydro Electric Project in Nepal
The Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved investment proposal for generation component of 900 MW Arun-3 Hydro Electric Project in Nepal by state owned SJVN Limited.
- The project culminated as Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the government of Nepal located in the Sankhuwasabha Distt.
- SJVN has been entrusted to plan, promote, organize & execute the Arun-3 Hydro-electric Project.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee