On 16th January 2019, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi cleared the agreement with foreign countries. The details of the agreement are as follows:
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Australia on the safety in Mines, Testing and Research Station
The Union Cabinet gave its approval for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Directorate General of Mines Safety (DGMS), Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India and Department of Natural Resource Mines and Energy, Queensland Government, Australia through the Safety in Mines, Testing and Research Station (SIMTARS).
- The signing of the MoU will help the DGMS to collaborate with SIMTARS for implementation of risk based safety management system, providing training and modernising R&D laboratory of DGMS.
- The partnership will also help in organising, conference, seminar and other technical meetings, setting up occupations safety and health academy and national mine disaster centre.
- The MoU will remain in effect for three years from the date of signing.
About Ministry of Labour and Employment:
♦ Minister: Santosh Gangwar (MOS independent charge)
♦ Headquarters: New Delhi
♦ Capital: Canberra
♦ Currency: Australian Dollar
♦ Prime Minister: Scott Morrison
Cabinet approves ex-post facto approval for Agreement on the facilitation of visa arrangements signed between India and Maldives
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi gave its ex-post facto approval to the agreement on the facilitation of visa arrangements signed between India and the Maldives last month to further deepen people to people exchanges between the two countries.
- The Visa Facilitation Agreement which was signed during the visit of Maldivian President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih to India will make it easier for Maldivian and India nationals to travel to each other’s countries for tourism, medical treatment, education as well as business and employment.
- The Agreement provides for 90-day visa free travel for tourism, medical and limited business purpose.
- Furthermore it also allows easy conversion of such visa free entry to medical visa as well as visas for dependents of students and those pursuing employment in each other’s territories.
♦ President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
♦ Capital: Male
♦ Currency: Maldivian Rufiyaa