[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- Read Our Current Affairs Today
- Try Our Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Try Our Current Affairs Quiz – April 30 2015
- Govt withdraws PDMA, RBI Bill provisions from Finance Bill
- To Boost Trade Investment India,Japan ink action Agenda
- RBI fines three govt-run banks for violating KYC norms
- Two Indians win Whitley Awards for wildlife conservation
India ranks 13th in generating power from nuclear source
- India stands at the 13th place world-wide in generating electricity from nuclear source and expects to increase the installed nuclear power capacity from 5,780 MW to 10,080 MW by 2019
- According to the data published in 2014 by Power Reactor Information System of International Atomic Energy Agency, “India ranked 13th position in terms of generation.
- However, it stood at 7th position in terms of number of reactors in operation country-wise
Mamata declares Nadia first ‘open defecation-free’ district in India
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee declared Nadia as the first Open Defecation Free (ODF) district in the country.
- Thanking UNICEF and the World Bank for helping the district achieve this feat, Ms. Banerjee declared April 30 as the “Nirmal Bangla Diwas” to be observed in the years to come.
- UNICEF India representative David Mcloughlin congratulated the people of the district for achieving the goal.
Kapil Dev Tripathi appointed Petroleum Secretary
- Senior IAS officer Kapil Dev Tripathi has been appointed the new Petroleum Secretary, as part of six top level bureaucratic appointments effected by the government.
- Tripathi, a 1980-batch IAS officer of Assam-Meghalaya cadre, is presently Secretary in the Department of Public Enterprises.
Microsoft Edge to replace Internet Explorer
- Microsoft late on Wednesday unveiled ‘Edge’, a browser that will replace Internet Explorer, at its annual developers’ conference, Build.
- Codenamed ‘Project Spartan’ until being revealed to the world, Edge will be available for Windows 10, to be released this summer.
Seychelles becomes 161st member of World Trade Organisation
- Seychelles, an archipelago of 90000 inhabitants became the 161st member of the World Trade Organization (WTO). It is one of the smallest nations among the WTO members.
- This approval by WTO ended Seychelles 20-year long wait to become a member of WTO since it had applied for WTO membership in May 1995.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification