On April 13,2021 Accenture made a partnership with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) to transform the sales and distribution network of the oil and gas company digitally.
- Accenture will be using its capabilities in artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud technologies to build, design and implement a digital platform, called IRIS for BPCL.
Significant features of the IRIS platform:
- Real time Data: The platform will be integrating the real-time data from BPCL’s countrywide network, to provide a consolidated view of its extensive operations.
- The network includes more than 18,000 fuel retail outlets, 25,000 tank trucks, 75 oil installations and depots, 52 liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) bottling plants and 250 additional industrial and commercial locations.
- Automated Alert: As IRIS was driven by AI and machine learning technologies, it will subsequently trigger automated alerts and actions, including rapid response to equipment failures or hazardous situations.
- Tracking: It will be accepting more than three million inputs per second from automated sensors, cameras and Internet of Things (IoT) devices based on key parameters such as fuel stock, safety, compliance, equipment health and boosting asset uptime.
Recent Related News:
On December 15, 2020 SBI Cards and Payment Services Limited (SBI Card) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd(BPCL) jointly launched ‘BPCL SBI Card OCTANE’, a premium co-branded credit card. The card is designed to offer maximum savings to the affluent customer segment that spends a significant amount on fuel.
About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL):
Establishment – 1952 (as Burmah Shell Refineries Ltd.)
Chairman and Managing Director(CMD) – K. Padmakar
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Headquarters– Dublin, Ireland
CEO– Julie Sweet