Indian Boxing Contingent finished with 12 medals at the 30th Youth International Boxing Tournament ‘Adriatic Pearl’ held at Budva, Montenegro from February 16-22, 2021. It finished 2nd in the overall medals tally, Uzbekistan took the 1st place while Ukraine finished 3rd in the medals tally.
- Indian women’s team won 10 medals (5 Gold, 3 Silver & 2 Bronze) while Indian Men’s team bagged 2 Bronze medals.
- With 10 medals, Indian Women’s Team finished at the Top of the Women’s Medals Tally. Uzbekistan (2 Gold) & Czech Republic (1 Gold) finished at the 2nd & 3rd position.
- With Two Bronze Medals from Priyanshu Dabas (49 kg) & Jugnoo (91+ kg) for the Indian Men’s Team, India took its total medals tally to 12.
- With a total of 12 medals India finished at the 2nd place in overall standings. Uzbekistan took the First place while Ukraine finished Third.
- Vinka (60 Kg) who won the Gold Medal received the Best Woman Boxer of the Tournament Award.
- Only Boxers who were under the age of 18 years took part in the tournament.
List of Winners (Indian Women’s Contingent)
|Alfiya Pathan||81+ Kg||Gold|
|Arundhati Choudhary||69 Kg||Gold|
|N Babyrojisana Chanu||51 Kg||Gold|
|Thokchom Sanamacha Chanu||75 Kg||Gold|
|Raj Sahiba||75 Kg||Silver|
|Lucky Rana||64 Kg||Silver|
List of Winners (Indian Men’s Contingent)
|Priyanshu Dabas||46-49 kg||Bronze|
Recent Related News:
i.December 21, 2020, Indian Boxers bagged 9 Medals – 3 Gold, 2 Silver & 4 Bronze at the Cologne Boxing World Cup 2020 held from December 16-20 at Cologne, Germany.
About Boxing Federation of India (BFI):
President – Ajay Singh
Headquarters – New Delhi
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification