The Texere Publishing Ltd has published its “The Medicine Maker Power List 20 For 2020” consisting of the world’s top 60 inspirational leaders under three categories viz. Small Molecules, Advanced Medicines, and Biopharmaceuticals. Each category consisted of 20 influencers from the field of medicines.
- From India, the list has named Executive Chairperson of Biocon Ltd Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw in the world’s top 20 inspirational leaders in the field of biopharmaceuticals.
- She has been recognized for her contribution to the world of medicine as an entrepreneur and innovative business leader.
- She has been featuring on the List for six consecutive years since 2015.
About Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
Born in 1953, she is an Indian billionaire entrepreneur and former chairperson of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. She started Biocon India in 1978.
- In 2019, she is listed as the 65th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
- In 2014, she was awarded the Othmer Gold Medal for outstanding contributions to the progress of science and chemistry.
- In 1989, she was awarded Padma Shri and in 2005 she was conferred by Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
About Medicine Maker:
The Medicine Maker is a global magazine focused on the development and manufacture of both pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products. It started Power List in 2015.
About Texere Publishing Limited:
Editor– Stephanie Sutton
Headquarter– London, United Kingdom
About Biocon Ltd
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Siddharth Mittal Headquarter– Bengaluru, Karnataka