As a move to further extend the Central Government’s effort of supporting youth from rural and semi-urban areas, on September 30, 2021, Union Minister Bhupender Yadav, Ministry of Labour and Employment (MoL&E) launched DigiSaksham in collaboration with Microsoft India.
- It aims to enhance youth employment opportunities in these areas by imparting digital skills.
- Microsoft India has also roped in Aga Khan Rural Support Programme-India and its knowledge partner TMI e2E Academy for rolling out this initiative.
About DigiSaksham- A digital Initiative:
It is a free of cost training in digital skills where priority will be given to the job-seekers of semi urban areas, disadvantaged communities, and those who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- In the first year more than 3 lakh youths will be covered under basic skills as well as advance computing
- Interested individuals can access the training through National Career Service (NCS) Portal (ncs.gov.in).
Types of Training:
There will be three types of training viz. Digital Skills – Self paced learning, VILT mode training (Virtual Instructor led) and ILT mode training (Instructor led).
- The ILT training which is in person training would be conducted at the Model Career Centres (MCCs) and National Career Service Centres (NCSC) for SCs/STs across the country.
- The in-field training will be implemented by Aga Khan Rural Support Programme India (AKRSP-I).
Training will be given in areas like Java Script, Data Visualisation, Advance Excel, Power Bi, HTML, Programming languages, software development fundamentals, Introduction to coding , etc, equipping them with the skills required in a digital economy.
Anant Maheshwari, President, Microsoft India; Apoorva Oza, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Aga Khan Rural Support Programme-India; Sunil Barthwal, Secretary, Ministry of Labour & Employment; among others.
Recent Related News:
MoL&E has constituted 3 Expert Committees to review standards under Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions (OSH & WC) Code, 2020. Dr R K Elangovan will head Expert Committee for Factories & Dock Works while P L N Murthy will head the Expert Committee for Building & Other Constructions Works and D K Shami will head Expert Committee for Fire Safety.
About Ministry of Labour & Employment (MoL&E):
Bhupender Yadav Constituency– Constituency – Rajasthan
Minister of State– Rameswar Teli (Constituency – Dibrugarh, Assam)