- During the recent visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Kazakhstan, BHARAT HEAVY ELECTRICALS LIMITED (BHEL) has signed three Memorandum Of Understandings (MOU) with Kazah companies (JSC Samruk Energy, KUS and Kaznex Invest).
- BHEL MOU with JSC Samruk Energy
- The first MOU was signed with JSC Samruk Energy, the national power utility of Kazakhstan having a major share in the Kazakh power sector. Both companies will work together on the projects of mutual interest.
- BHEL MOU with KUS:
- The second MOU was with KUS, one of the largest utility companies in the Kazakh power sector operating in power generation, heat production, transmission, sale of heat and electricity and lots more.
- KUS is owned by the Ordabassy Group, total assets of the group are estimated at more than $9 billion.
- BHEL MOU with Kaznex Invest:
- Third MOU was signed with Kaznex Invest, the national export and investment agency of Kazakhstan, working under the Ministry of Investments and Development of Kazakhstan for co-operation in executing projects in Kazakhstan.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), owned by Government of India, is a power plant equipment manufacturer and operates as Engineering and Manufacturing Company.
- It is established in the year 1964.
- It has its headquarters in New Delhi,India.
- BHEL won ICAI National Award for Excellence in Cost Management for the ninth consecutive year in 2014.