Artist Bharti Kher of India on 23 March 2015 was conferred with the Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters. She was awarded for her contribution in contemporary art landscape.
Kher’s artworks span several mediums like painting, sculpture and installation. The artist is renowned for her remarkable experimentation with bindis that have over time come to be recognised as her signature style.
Points to Remember:
- The award was given to Bharti Kher on 23rd March 2015.
- Bharti Kher is an Indian contemporary artist.
- Her work encompasses painting, sculpture and installation.
- The Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters ( Ordre des Arts et des Lettres- Order of Arts and Letters) is an Order of France, established on 2 May 1957 by the Minister of Culture, and its supplementary status to the Ordre national du Mérite was confirmed by President Charles de Gaulle in 1963.
- Award purpose is the recognition of significant contributions to the arts, literature, or the propagation of these fields.