NILANJAN ROY is appointed as global Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of BHARATHI AIRTEL, taking over from Srikanth Balachandaran, who is now being appointed as the global Chief Human Resources Officer on AUGUST 4, 2015.
- The company informed the local exchanges that Nilanjan Roy appointment will come into effect from August 5, 2015.
- Bharti Airtel has also appointed Rajiv Mathrani as Chief Brand Officer for its India operations.
- Nilanjan Roy worked as the CFO for India and South Asia business. Before joining Airtel, he worked with Unilever in India and overseas for 15 years.
- Mathrani has held various leadership, marketing and sales roles earlier in India and other emerging markets across organizations like Marico Industries, Citibank and Glaxo SmithKline Consumer Healthcare.
- Bharti Airtel Limited is an Indian multinational telecommunications services company, it operates in 20 countries across South Asia, Africa, and the Channel Islands.
- It has its headquarters in New Delhi, India.
- It is the largest cellular service provider in India, with 228.25 million subscribers as of April 2015.
- Airtel was named India’s second most valuable brand in the first ever Brandz ranking by Millward Brown and WPP plc.
- Number of employees working in this organization is 24,720.