On 27th April 2022, Bhagwanth Khuba, Union Minister of State (MoS), Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers (MoC&F) conferred India Pharma and India Medical Devices Awards 2022 during the 7th edition of the International Conference on Pharma and Medical Devices Sector 2022.
- S Aparna, Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals, MoC&F also participated in the event.
About the India Pharma & India Medical Device:
i.The Department of Pharmaceuticals announced the 6 main categories of the India Pharma & India Medical Device: Leaders Category, Company of the year, MSME of the year, Start-ups of the year, Innovation Category, CSR Category.
ii.The awards will encourage enhancing the performance and quality of pharma and medical devices manufactured in India.
Winners of India Pharma & India Medical Device 2022 Awards:
|Leaders Category Awards||India Pharma Leader Of The Year||Cipla Limited|
|India Medical Devices Leader Of The Year||Poly Medicure Limited|
|Company Of The Year Award||India Pharma (Formulation) Company Of The Year||Micro Labs Limited|
|India Medical Devices Company Of The Year||Trivitron Healthcare|
|MSME Category Awards||India Medical Device MSME Of The Year||Nice Neotech Medical Systems Private Limited|
|Start-Up Category||India Medical Device Start-Up Of The Year||Vanguard Diagnostics (P) Limited|
|Innovation Category||India Pharma Innovation Of The Year||Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited|
|India Medical Device Innovative Of The Year||Meril Life Sciences Private Limited|
|CSR Category||India Pharma CSR Company Of The Year||Zydus Lifesciences Limited|
7th International Conference on Pharma and Medical Devices Sector 2022:
On 25th April 2022, Dr Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers inaugurated the 7th edition of the International Conference on Pharma and Medical Devices sector 2022.
- The annual flagship three-day conference was held from 25th to 27th April 2022 at Dr Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi, Delhi.
- For 2022, the theme of India Pharma is “India Pharma-Vision 2047: Transformative agenda for future” and for India Medical Device, the theme is “Transforming Healthcare through Innovation & Integrated Services”.
At present, the Indian Medical Device sector is standing at USD 11 billion and it is likely to reach USD 50 billion by 2025.
More than 80% of medical devices are imported in India and with Research and Development(R&D), India will produce 80% of medical devices in India.
Union Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya also released three knowledge documents:
- ‘Impact of the pharma industry on the Indian ecosystem in the post- COVID era’
- ‘Enabling Growth and innovation in the Indian Medical Devices Sector’
- ‘Compilation of important speeches by CEOs’
During the 7th International Conference on Pharma and Medical Devices sector 2022, Four sessions were conducted on different themes,
- Transforming Healthcare through innovation and integrated services,
- establishing patient-centred outcomes of care for promoting value-based procurement,
- Manufacturing, Demand & Global Supply chain of Medical Devices and Research
- Development and Innovation in Medtech.
About Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers (MoC&F):
Union Minister– Dr Mansukh Mandaviya(Rajya Sabha- Gujarat)
Minister of State– Bhagwanth Khuba (Constituency- Bidar, Karnataka)