Malayalam film “Ottaal (The Trap)” directed by Jayaraj Rajasekharan Nair has been bestowed with Crystal Bear award in the “Generation KPlus” section during Berlin International Film Festival.
- A Crystal Bear is for the Best Film in the children’s section of the Generation Competition.
- The movie is an adaptation of short story “Vanaka” by Russian writer Anton Chekhov.
- It is about the story of an old fisherman and his grandson.
This is the third year in a row that Indian films have triumphed. Earlier winners were “Killa” in 2014 and “Dhanak” in 2015.
- It became the first movie in India to be released online on the same day as its theatrical release.
- The film made history, becoming the first ever Malayalam movie to have swept all the top awards of the International Film Festival of Kerala.
- The film was one of four Malayalam films selected to be a part of the Indian Panorama at the International Film Festival of India in Goa in November 2015
- Film was also conferred with National Film Awards, Kerala State Film Awards and Mumbai Film Festival.
About Berlin Film Festival:
Founded in 1951, Berlin International Film Festival aka Berlinale, is one of the world’s leading film festivals and most reputable media events. It is held annually in Berlin, Germany.
- The 66th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 11 February to 21 February 2016.
- American actress Meryl Streep was the President of the Jury.
- The Honorary Golden Bear for lifetime achievement was presented to German cinematographer Michael Ballhaus.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification