BEML Ltd (formerly known as Bharat Earth Movers Ltd) launched the first prototype of Mechanical Minefield Marking Equipment Mk-II (MMME Mk-II) for the Indian Army.
- The equipment has been built on BEML TATRA 6X6, ‘Atmanirbhar’ product.
- It has been developed through Technology of Transfer (ToT) from Research & Development Establishment Engineers (R&DE Engineers), a lab of DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation).
- MMME Mk-II will help in marking the mine fields at a fast rate, semi-automatically with minimal human intervention.
i.It is capable of marking/fencing at a minimum rate of 1.2 km/hr.
ii.It can operate in the plains of Punjab as well as deserts of Rajasthan.
iii.Post successful completion of trials, BEML is expected to receive orders for more than 55 systems from the Ministry of Defence.
iv.BEML is a multi-technology schedule ‘A’ company under the Ministry of Defence.
- It operates in sectors like defence & aerospace, mining & construction, and rail & metro.
- As on March 31, 2021, Government holds 03% stake in BEML.
Recent Related News:
February 5, 2021, BEML Ltd signed a MoU with CSIR-NAL for development of two-seater trainer aircraft through technology transfer.
Chairman & Managing Director – M.V. Rajasekhar
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka