On 15th November 2022, Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL), a Navratna Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Defence, signed 5 Memoranda of Understanding(MoUs) with five companies involved in the defence industry to meet the requirements of Indian Defence and export markets.
The 5 companies were,
- SVC Tech Ventures LLP
- Profense LLC
- Spacefaring Technologies Private Limited
- Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL)
- Yantra India Limited (YIL) – A defence PSU
Details of the MoUs:
BEL signs MoU with SVC Tech Ventures LLP:
BEL signed an MoU with SVC TECH VENTURES LLP for cooperation in the manufacturing and marketing of Heavy Duty Blast Doors.
- This MoU will enable both companies to collaborate as partners in the design/development of new and improved Heavy Duty Blast Doors for the protection of Defence establishments and national assets.
BEL signs MoU with Profense LLC, USA:
BEL signed an MoU with Profense LLC, based in Phoenix, Arizona, in the United States of America(USA), for cooperation in the manufacturing and marketing of light weapons.
- The MoU will enable BEL and Profense to collaborate and develop light weapons for market requirements, current and future.
The MoU was exchanged between Manoj Kumar, Executive Director, BEL and Raaj Nair, Director, India & APAC, Profense LLC, at Defexpo 2022, in the presence of Mr Manoj Jain, Director (R&D), Mr Rudhiramoorthy A, GM (BEL-Navi Mumbai), and other senior officers of BEL.
BEL signed MoU with Spacefaring Technologies Pvt Ltd:
BEL signed an MoU with Spacefaring Technologies Pvt Ltd, a startup based in Bengaluru, Karnataka, for cooperation in technology development in the field of fabric-based Radome, Shelters, deployable space habitats, aerostat, etc, for Defence and non-Defence applications.
- The MoU will enable BEL and Spacefaring to address the diverse needs of the Indian Defence forces and civilian customers for the protection of personnel and critical defence assets, rapidly-deployable unpressurised and pressurised radomes, next-generation aerostat airborne long-range surveillance platform system.
BEL signed MoU with Hindustan Shipyard Ltd:
BEL signed MoU with Hindustan Shipyard Ltd (HSL), a premier shipbuilding organisation under the Ministry of Defence, to collaborate for the development, manufacturing and product upgrades of products or systems.
The MoU also aims to capitalise on the emerging opportunities in domestic Defence, non-defence and export markets.
BEL signed MoU with Yantra India Limited:
BEL signed an MoU with Yantra India Limited (YIL), PSU under the aegis of the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence, to collaborate in the areas of Ammunition Hardware and Military Grade Components and to jointly address the Indian defence and export markets’ requirements.
- Under this MoU, BEL and YIL will share their manufacturing and test infrastructure and resources for the production of Arms and Ammunition and other related systems.
The MoU was exchanged between Bhanu Prakash Srivastava, Director (Other Units), Additional Charge of Chairman & Managing Director & Director (Marketing), BEL, and S K Yadav, Director (Operations), YIL at the Defexpo 2022 in the presence of Manoj Jain, Director (R&D), Mr G Suryanarayana Murthy, GM (BEL-Pune), and other senior officers of BEL.
About Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL):
BEL is a defence PSU that manufactures electronic products and systems for the Army, Navy and Air Force.
As of 30th September 2022, The Government of India held a 51.14% stake in BEL.
Chairman & Managing Director– Bhanu Prakash Srivastava(additional charge)
Established in 1954
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
Recent Related News:
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a Navaratna Defence Public Sector Undertaking(PSU) under the Ministry of Defence, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Meslova Systems for cooperation in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) for Air Defence (AD) systems for the armed forces.
- The MoU enables both organisations to develop and deploy products and services, with AI/ML embedded and integrated parts, for AD systems of the armed forces.