E-Lobby is a facility which is now provided by banks so that their customers can do their banking transactions as per their convenience 24×7 i.e. without any time restriction. E-Lobby provides the facility on bank holidays also.
Today people have strict time schedule, whether a businessman or an employee. It is not possible for many to stand in long queues in banks to get their work done. So the concept of E-Lobby gives a long relief to these people.
Self service facilities which can be done at banking e-lobbies include
ATM withdrawals, cash deposits, card-to-card transfers, mobile phone top-ups, railway booking, passbook printing, NEFT, opening of FD/RD accounts, SMS alerts, cheque drop box, bill payments, mini statements, etc.
Some facts about E-Lobby:
- The features depend on different bank e-lobbies.
- For providing Internet banking transactions, there is an Internet banking kiosk in the e-lobby for undertaking. The kiosks are user- friendly and can be used at ease by the customers.
- Like the ATM machine works, same way the display messages on the screen guide the users for turning the pages until completion of the process.
- For printing passbooks, passbooks containing barcode of the Bank are to be inserted in the machine for updation.
- Different bank e-lobbies provide different facilities, like how much cash can be deposited per day, which denominations of notes can be deposited, etc.
It may be defined as “Bank branch without Bankers” and also this may be seen as “Next Generation Bank Branches” by delivering automated banking Products & Services without manual intervention. In this pursuit, Bank is installing e-Lobbies [BNA(Bunch Note Acceptor), SAPB, ATM, CDM & Cash Recyclers]