On December 7, 2020 Sanjiv Chadha, Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Bank of Baroda (BoB) launched ‘Atmanirbhar Women Scheme’ virtually at BOB’s Ramamurthy Nagar branch, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- This launch is part of the bank’s Baroda Gold Loan.
- The launch was also made simultaneously in 18 branches coming under 18 zones in India.
Purpose of Atmanirbhar Women Scheme- To help women to be self reliant
About Atmanirbhar Women Scheme:
i.Women can get loans at 0.50% concession, under this scheme.
ii.In addition to this, the bank also offers agri-gold loan at 0.25% concession and retail loan at 0.50% concession, under this scheme.
Points to be Noted
- BoB was founded on 20 July 1908, by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III of Baroda.
- It is a State-owned banking and financial services organization.
- The Bank has sponsored 3 Regional Rural Banks(RRBs) namely Baroda Uttar Pradesh Gramin Bank, Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank and Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank.
Recent Related News:
On October 1, 2020 Indian Bank introduced Kisan credit card loan scheme for fishermen in TamilNadu. Under this scheme, loans up to Rs 2 lakh as working capital can be availed with 7% interest rate. This loan will be provided under the MUDRA scheme. The borrowers will be given a Rupay Kisan Credit Card.
About Bank of Baroda(BoB):
HeadOffice– Vadodara(earlier known as Baroda), Gujarat
Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO)– Sanjiv Chadha
Established– 20 July 1908
Tagline– India’s International Bank