Every year, April 10 is celebrated as ‘World Homeopathy Day’ to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann – the founder of Homoeopathy.
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine, created in 1796 by a German physician named Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann. Researchers and medical experts do not have any consensus about effectiveness of Homeopathy.
- Some of them even consider Homeopathic remedies as just a placebo. However the proponents of Homeopathy have shared instances and data to prove that homeopathy is more effective than conventional medicines in treating individual diseases as well as during epidemics.
- In India, Homeopathy is very popular and has been officially recognised as a dependable healthcare system. There are about 70000 certified homeopathy practitioners who serve at various hospitals and clinics across the country.
National Convention on World Homoeopathy, New Delhi:
To commemorate the 262nd birth anniversary of Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann – the founder of Homoeopathy, a National Convention on World Homoeopathy was held at New Delhi on April 10, 2017. This convention was inaugurated by Mr. Shripad Yesso Naik – Minister of State (Independent Charge), for AYUSH.
- AYUSH stands for ‘Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy’
Details about National Convention on World Homoeopathy:
- Theme of the convention: “Enhancing Quality Research in Homoeopathy through scientific evidence and rich clinical experiences”
- Convention will be Presided over by: Manoj Rajoria – Member of Parliament and Parliamentary Standing Committee of Ministry of AYUSH, Health and Family Welfare
- Objective: To share intricacies of Homeopathic research with stakeholders and to enable a quality research environment for practitioners, clinicians and medical colleges.
- Activities: Five scientific sessions will be conducted. During these sessions, national and international experts in Homeopathy will deliberate upon range of issues pertaining to the system of homeopathy viz. key areas of research, improving infrastructure for carrying out research, emerging trends in drug usage and assessing medical condition and certification of homeopathic hospitals by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
- Special session has been organised for paying tribute to Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann
Valuable viewpoints presented during this convention are expected to benefit Homeopathic research in India and abroad.