- Tamil Nadu Government said that an award would be would be constituted in the name of former President A P J Abdul Kalam and his birthday would be observed as “Youth Renaissance Day.”
- Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said that ‘Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Award’ will be given to that persons who strive towards promoting scientific growth, humanities and student’s welfare.
- Tamil Nadu government said Kalam’s birthday would be observed as ‘Youth Renaissance Day’ on OCTOBER 15TH.
- Kalam died on July 27 in Shillong and was laid to rest at his native Rameswaram in the TAMIL NADU state
Award will carry –
- 8 gram gold medal,
- Rs 5 lakh in cash
- A citation and would be presented to a person hailing from the state.