Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog & Centre for Innovations in Public Systems (CIPS) have signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) for promoting innovation & entrepreneurship ecosystem in India in the area of public systems using the knowledge and experience of AIM & the reach of CIPS.
- Both entities will develop a database of innovation in public systems for improving public services & others.
- The partnership will help startups to access and promote their innovations at the grassroots level by coordinating with the local administration.
- Both entities will help in addressing the challenges faced by the local administration in delivering services to the citizens.
- In order to promote innovative learning among students and to ensure the capacity building of teachers/mentors at grassroots levels, it has been proposed to create an Innovation Learning Management System (iLMS).
- AIM & CIPS will jointly organize round tables with district & local level administration officials to create awareness about innovative products & solutions and their procurement process, this will help in accelerating the procurement & implementation of relevant innovative solutions.
- A host of e-exhibitions will be organized, where AIM supported innovative & relevant start-ups will showcase their innovations that are capable of transforming the public administration.
- Conversations between startups & officials to be facilitated to enable pilots, product improvement and market research.
- Strengthening & promotion of programs launched by AIM at State & District Level.
- It is also expected to strengthen the AIM Mentor of Change program.
- Beneficiaries will be able to use CIPS facilities for training programmes of the AIM initiative & utilize CIPS’ research capacity for white papers on rural innovation.
Recent Related News:
i.On March 02, 2021, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, partnered with MathWorks-the developer of mathematical computing software for scientists and engineers to strengthen the Deep-tech startup ecosystem of India.
About Atal Innovation Mission (AIM):
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is a flagship initiative by NITI Aayog, Government of India to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
Mission Director – Dr Chintan Vaishnav
Headquarters – New Delhi
About Centre for Innovations in Public Systems (CIPS):
It was set up in 2010 with funding from the Government of India at Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI), Hyderabad
Director – C. Achalender Reddy
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana