On March 18, 2021, A Statement of Intent (SoI) was signed between The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, and Amazon Internet Services Private Limited(AISPL), a local legal Indian entity of Amazon Web Services(AWS) to strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem in India.
Objective: To empower school students with cloud computing skills, and enabling entrepreneurs to build innovative education technology (EdTech) solutions on the cloud.
Statement of Intent (SoI):
- As per the SoI AIM will leverage AWS Educate and AWS EdStart from AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- It is Amazon’s global program that will provide resources for students and educators.
- It will introduce the cloud-related fundamentals to students at more than 7000 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) in India
- They will also conduct Faculty Development Programs (FDPs) for the personnel in-charge at the ATLs, and provide resources and tools at each ATLs.
- It is a virtual startup accelerator program that enables EdTech startups to develop innovative teaching and learning solutions.
- More than 80 Atal Incubation Centers (AICs) and Atal Community Innovation Centers (ACICs), will be able to apply for the AWS EdStart program to get benefits such as AWS Promotional Credits, mentorship, and technical training, to help speed their growth.
Recent Related News:
On 3rd February 2021, the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) signed a statement of intent (SOI) with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) the flagship initiative of Niti Aayog to boost the start-up ecosystem in the mobility sector.
About Amazon Web Services(AWS):
CEO– Andy Jassy
Headquarters– Seattle, Washington, USA
About Atal Innovation Mission(AIM):
Director– Ramanan Ramanathan
Headquarters – New Delhi