On February 1, 2021, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched 2 schemes namely – ‘Pragyan Bharati’ & ‘Bhasha Gourab’ in the State. Under the schemes monetary assistance will be provided to college students & literary bodies of the state.
- To encourage the young generation to Strive for Knowledge through Education
- To provide financial assistance to writers & indigenous Sahitya Sabhas
i.‘Pragyan Bharati’ – under this scheme around 3, 26, 046 College students will be given INR 1, 500 each for purchasing new text books.
- A total of INR 161 crores would be reimbursed for the free admission of 4 Lakh Eligible students
ii.‘Bhasha Gourab’ – Under the scheme, the State Government will provide 21 Sahitya Sabha’s (Literary bodies) around INR 43 crore as a contribution towards their capital funds.
- Around 600 writers have received INR 50, 000 each under the scheme for help in their literary activities.
- The Assam Government is taking steps to provide primary education till Class V for all students in their mother tongues.
- It is also planning to provide pocket money to College students in future for purchase of textbooks.
Recent Related News:
i.On August 10, 2020 Assam Council of Ministers approved “Assam Non-Government Education Institutions (Regulation of Fees) Rules 2020”.
RAMSAR Site – Deepor Beel
Governor – Jagdish Mukhi